Heat dissipation is an important condition to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the power adapter. If the temperature is too high, the performance index of the power adapter will change, even cause the failure of the power adapter. Therefore, the basic task of cooling design is to control the temperature rise well so that it does not exceed the reliability limit.
The components of power adapter have a certain range of operating temperature requirements. If the limit temperature is exceeded, the working state of power supply will be changed, so that the electronic equipment can not work stably and reliably, shorten its service life, and even cause damage to the electronic equipment.
1. Selection of radiator: The principle of radiator selection is to ensure sufficient heat dissipation, should try to choose a small, light weight radiator, so as to save space in the machine, reduce the total weight of the power adapter.
2, radiator installation: when installing the radiator, we should try to choose a small heat dissipation method.
3. Minimizing the thermal resistance of the interface: The surface of the radiator should be smooth and clean. In order to reduce the contact thermal resistance between the radiator and the power semiconductor, it is necessary to keep the interface smooth and clean. If the interface is smooth and clean, and there is no oxide layer, there is no gasket, otherwise it should be coated with silicone grease or heat conductive gasket.
4. Radiator coating: In order to increase the radiation capacity of the radiator, the surface of the radiator should be coated with a high radiation coefficient coating, such as black paint or oxide. The radiator with black coating should be preferred and the coating should be protected from damage.
5. Radiator installation: When installing power devices on the radiator, the size of the installation hole should be the same as the size of the power semiconductor fixed hole, the hole should not be too big or too small.
6. Installation location of power semiconductor: power semiconductor should be installed in the center of radiator. If a plurality of power semiconductors are installed on the same radiator, the radiator can be divided into several parts approximately according to the power consumption ratio of the semiconductors. Each semiconductor should be placed in the center of the corresponding part as far as possible, so that the radiator can be heated evenly and the heat dissipation efficiency can be improved.
7. The location of the radiator: the radiator should be in direct contact with the air outside the power supply as far as possible to reduce the ambient temperature. At the same time, the effect of convection heat transfer of radiator can be improved.